Friday, March 6, 2009

Behold, a Pale Horse

Yesterday, I mentioned an interactive celebrity essay contest at the LA Times' Culture Monster Blog called If I Ran the NEA. In my post, I dismissed the responses of the notable personalities as "mostly innocuous" and, although I meant what I said, I don't want to be misunderstood.

If I were trying to insult the celebrated, I would have written "mostly canned responses" or "mostly vapid responses." I did not.

Also, I did not in any way mean to imply that Ann Coulter is the pale horse of the apocalypse. But I can see how that misunderstanding might arise because she is obviously a hateful, dangerous person and we should fight her ilk tooth and nail.

Also: Love conquers all, but grassroots advocacy is the vehicle for change. Lawmakers in Albany have been flooded with proposals for how to spend New York States share of federal recovery money. Luckily, ATA maintains an online list of advocacy resources.

You should probably do something before it's too late.

No comments: