Monday, January 24, 2011

On the Money

Often, I have noticed, teaching artists are called Freelancers.

Sometimes, we are designated as Independent Contractors.

Once in a while, I hear us referred to as Consultants.

Less frequently, we're Employees.

What's the difference between these designations, and, more importantly, how does it affect the teaching artist's pocketbook?

Frankly, I have no clue, so I am providing some handy links to information about this topic. Maybe you and your customer, client, or boss can sit down and figure it out together?

Three articles are below:

Answers About Freelancers @ The New York Times

Ban the Label "Freelancer"  @ Findlaw

What is the Difference Between an Independent Contractor and an Employee @

Also: You Never Give Me Your Money - The Four

No comments: