Wednesday, January 13, 2010

View to a Thrill

The Queens Council on the Arts (QCA) offers teaching artists, and others, a uniquely inspiring resource. On their website, a short video segment called "How I got my grant" provides valuable insight into the process of applying for and securing a grant. If you are looking for seed money to launch your brand-new shiny idea, you might want to watch someone who's been there and done that. It's so simple. I watched, and I loved it.

In 3-minutes of terrific testimony, Jason Marr, the fearless leader of Hip to Hip Theatre Company, describes the process of successfully applying for the first grants he's ever written.

The video is posted below, and there are many more resources on the QCA site for teaching artists, including a Toolkit, and a link to the Urban Artist Initiative Forum.

Video: How I Got My Grant featuring Jason Marr of Hip to Hip Theatre.

No comments: