Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cultural Calendar

I am not here. I'm at the annual Face to Face AIE conference, which is held this year at the spectacular Park Avenue Armory.

If I can get a signal, I'll post comments on Twitter.

Also, someone sent me this email announcement about a play by Teaching Artist Judith Sloan, whose work has been featured in the New York Times.

I have been meaning to tell you, because I think you'll want to go:

Yo Miss! Teaching Inside the Cultural Divide, Volume 1.
Conceived, written and performed by Judith Sloan
Directed by Michael Dinwiddie

What happens when a middle-aged teaching artist survives a near fatal car accident and collides with the oncoming traffic of Hip Hop culture?

At the Nuyorican Poets Café
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, March 4th, 5th, 6th
All shows start at 7 PM.

Address: 236 East 3rd Street Between Ave B & C
New York City

$15 adv/$20 door/$10 groups of 10 or more
Please call the Cafe at 212.505.8183 for group sales.
Proceeds to benefit EarSay’s Youth Education project for immigrant and refugee teenagers in Queens.

http://www.earsay.org

No comments: