Monday, February 23, 2009

The Philosopher King

Daniel H. Pink is the latest straight male expert to explain to us what the future will look like and what we better do if we want to rule, succeed and win, win, win!

His book is called Why Right-Brainers will Rule the Future and it's all about how creative types are going to be indispensable in the new world economic order. Everyone I know is reading it and I hear it's a really thought inspiring book. I plan to read it as soon as I feel the urge to be a member of the ruling class or when I feel better about patriarchy and 400 years of oppression which are now, even now, coming to a blessed end.

In the meantime, I will be re-reading bell hooks' book Teaching Community: A Pedagogy of Hope and thinking about how my work can help forge a society in which no one rules over anyone else.

Below, professor bell hooks talks talks about her approach (youtube). The introduction to this clip warns of "strong language" violence and nudity, but I spotted none of that in this short excerpt. It's just her talking.


No comments: