The American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore, Maryland exhibits "art produced by self-taught individuals, usually without formal training, whose works arise from an innate personal vision that revels foremost in the creative act itself."
The Museum's Educational goals are to:
I read this stuff and I wonder just what kind of world do these people think they're living in and can I come?
1. Expand the definition of a worthwhile life.
2. Increase awareness of the wide variety of choices available in life- particularly students.
3. Engender respect for and delight in the gift of others.
4. Encourage each individual to build upon his or her own special knowledge and inner strengths.
5. Promote the use of innate intelligence, intuition, self-exploration and creative self-reliance.
6. Confirm the great hunger for finding out just what each of us can do best, in our own voice, at any age.
7. Empower the individual to choose to do that something really, really well.